Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sweet...

So last night was the release of some of the new Bella stamps!!! They are so awesome and you should go check them out!!! There was a sketch challenge on the Bella forum for the new release so here is my card. The card base is a piece of 5x12Ocean CS folded in half. Then I layered it with a 4.75 x 5.75 piece of Basic Greys Blush DP and used my circle punch for the corners. I knew I wanted to use Cupcakeabella for this challenge. I stamped her in Chocolate ink on a piece of White Daisy CS. I then colored her with my watercolor pencils (Staedtler) and then paper pieced the icing on the cupcake with Basic Greys Blush DP. I then used a piece of Textured Taffy CS to matte Cupcakeabella and distressed the White Daisy and Taffy CS. I used my Adorable stamp set for the word "SWEET". I just love the font of this stamp...it is my fav!!!! :D Last but not least I placed some pink sparkles on each corner of the card. I am really pleased with how this turned out, and I hope you like it too.



Stamps: Cupcakeabella, Adorable (CTMH) Ink: Chocolate Paper: Basic Grey's Blush DP, Ocean, White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, & Taffy CS (CTMH) Other: Pink Crystals (Michaels), Pink Satin Ribbon (Basic Basic), Corner Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Pop Dots


Have a Fabulous Weekend!!! :D

5 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Isn't Cupcakeabella simply adorable? This card is LOVE-ly, dah-ling. The BG paper is yummy too. I haven't been on the Bella forum in awhile... off to go check it out now. Mwah!

Toni said...

The perfect Bella for all your cupcake-frenzied SBS 11 sistahs, I'd have to say! She is adorable -- and it doesn't look for one minute like she'd be willing to surrender that cupcake! Back off, Ladies!! (hee hee)

Laurel said...

Great card. I love how you used the patterned paper for the icing. She is on my wish list!

Veronica said...

oh my gosh oh my gosh.... perfection.

now if you could help me talk toni into sending me a sprinkles cupcake...well...that would be perfect hahahaha

Elisabeth said...

Totally cute!!! Would you mind if I linked to you on my blog?

~Fellow SBS12 sister~