Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Laid Back...

Well I've been quite the busy bee at work this week...I think missing two days last week really did me over!!! I've just been so tired when I come home that I don't want to do anything. I mean of course I want to stamp, but if I start it will be late before I finish and then I am hurting the next day at work!!! Oh well, the sacrifices you make (I mean that's what the weekends are for, to sleep in)!!! :D

Well each month I teach a class to a group of friends of mine and mostly all of them are cardmakers. We do little projects here and there, but mostly everyone loves to make cards. Well this Friday they decided they wanted to make a layout *yikes*!!!!! Well this is the first layout I have ever done for a class...I find them way too difficult. I always let my girls pick what papers they would like to work with and this time they chose the Laid Back Papers from CTMH. When I look at these papers I think of pics at the beach or pics from a cruise. Super cute pages just for those vacation memories. I just hope everyone likes them. I know the only way I can get better at layouts is to keep doing them...so that's what I'll do. I really want to get better at them!!!

For this particular layout I recreated a page from the current CTMH catalog. I liked the way this particularly focuses on one photo. I have pics from a cruise that we took back in '04, so that's what I am using my layout for. I distressed the Dutch Blue CS with a White Daisy Ink pad. I sanded some edges, added some embellishments and was done...easy peasy.


Now the second page was a little harder for me. I know it doesn't seem like very much, just super simple but I did have a hard time with it. Now this page was taken from the new CTMH Reflections book, but I can't remember what it's called. Anyway it has room for 3 more pics and the one with the palm tree is a journaling box...too cute, huh? I masked the palm tree and think it came out super cute!!!


Well here they are both together. I'm off to try and complete some challenges and play with my new stuff that I got from CTMH. :D



Have A Fabulous Day!!!

1 comment:

Carolina said...

What a fun layout for a class...like all the elements and the color combo! The dp combo is also nice...love the stripe with the words. I'm sure it will look even more amazing with pics!