Sunday, July 6, 2008

SFYTT Challenge...

So I decided to try Jen del Muro's SFYTT challenge this weekend!!! Did you see who the guest designer is, none other than Jessica Rone. You should check out both of these terrific designers blogs, they have enough eye candy that you'll be drooling all over it. {LOL}!!!!

So on to my card! I had to flip my sketch for my image to fit, but I am really loving this card. I thought I was slick and picked this new color combo that I had never tried before. I had my Breeze, Cranberry & Buttercup ink pads stacked on one another and said, "That's a pretty combo, let's use it"! Well as I started coloring my image I realized where I had seen this color combo before. It's the colors from the Let's Get Together paper from CTMH. Oh well, maybe next time I can be original {LOL}!!! :D Well I used Cranberry CS for my base and ran it through my cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder {imagine that!}. I colored Yogabella using my Copic Markers & CTMH Ink & Blender Pen. I then matted her onto some Buttercup CS and then Breeze CS and put her aside. Next it was time to work on those little squares. I used some Buttercup dp from the Let's Get Together Level 2 paper pack. I matted them onto Breeze CS and taped them to my base. Now I wanted to use some flowers and the halfback pearls just seems so perfect for them. I used one large pearl for the center and then added the small ones around the large one. It was a little tedious but I am so glad I took the time to do it, I so love the outcome! :D I added my sentiment and some White Organdy Ribbon and it was done!

This weekend has been so long and I have no idea how I will get up for work tomorrow. :( We have been staying up late and sleeping in, it has totally ruined our schedule!!! Oh well, I guess that's what holiday weekends are for!!! :D Thanks for stopping by today and stayed tuned as I will have Taylor's Sketch Challenge to show you tomorrow! :D


Stamps: Yogabella (Stamping Bella) & Tiny Typewriter Alpha (CTMH) Paper: Buttercup Dp, Cranberry, Breeze, Buttercup & White Daisy CS (CTMH) Ink: Copic Markers, Cranberry Ink (CTMH) Accents: Pearls (Kaiser) Primas, CB Swiss Dots Folder & 3-D Foam Circles



Have a Fabulous Day!!! :D

13 comments:

Laurel said...

Great job with the sketch. I love the color combo too, that is often how I decide on a combo! I have that sketch sitting waiting to be done but not had the chance - although I am almost finished a layout!

ElyBlair said...

Awesome card! I love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so awesome!! I love that image and the colors!! Thanks so much for the super sweet shout out!! You Rock!!

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome card. Such a cute stamp. can you believe i dont have any bella's...yet!
thanks for surfing by to see me today!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCKED THIS SKETCH!! Love your coloring and all the deets!! Great card!

Stacy said...

LOVE the pearls! I noticed those first thing. That is a great sketch, too. I bet you love the squares!

Kisha said...

Love the card AND the color combo - it looked original to me :)

Kisha

Barb said...

I really like this image and your coloring is sooo pretty. Great color combo, too.

Jena said...

Wow, I love all the fab new cards you have posted since I last checked in but I think this one is my fav! I love the colors and the card layout - TFS!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, Jenn! I love this image! You really made this sketch work, I may have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Marjorie said...

I can see your cards now!!! I'm so glad ^_~ Cuz your bellas are SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! I still haven't done that color challenge or the sketch challenge so I better get my butt in gear, lol. Your cupcake card is so scrumptious too!! You've been on a roll this week! Have a great day ^_~

*hugs*

Stacey said...

Great take on the sketch, I see those lovely Swiss Dots are out again! ;oD And I happen to love you're colour scheme, even if you didn't invent it afterall! ~x~

Kristin said...

thanks for the inspiration! here's the card w/ the link posted that I made from your card!!

http://kristinshappy.blogspot.com/2008/07/birthday-4.html