Sunday, April 20, 2008

No Lion, You're The BEST!!!!

Hey all, hope you are enjoying your Sunday!!! Sunday's are sooo relaxing for me. I got up, went to church, had some lunch, and then just got home and I am fixing to work on some cards!!! Then tonight I will watch Desperate Housewives and Brother's & Sisters!!! Anyone else watch Brother's & Sisters??? It's back on tonight...YEAH!!!! You're probably thinking...wow that's pretty boring, but it's how I relax. I don't look forward to Mondays at all. I get so depressed with having to go back to work...but what are you gonna do! Well enough about me...let's get on to this card!!!

I have again used the Life's A Jungle Stamp set for this card...I just can't get enough!!! I also tried a color combo I wouldn't normally do, but I really like how this card turned out. This one is going to my nephew who's 6. Kids really like to get things in the mail, and I am going to send him a gift card to one of his favorites places he likes to eat...he'll love it, at least I hope he will!!!

This card was pretty simple. It's a standard card using Colonial White CS as my base. I then cut a piece of Chocolate CS 4 1/4 x 3 and then used the Spot on Background stamp and stamped the circles in chocolate. This too is becoming one of my FAVORITE stamp sets!!! I then cut a piece of Ocean CS 4 1/4 x 2 and scored and sanded it. Next I cut a piece of Sunflower Textured CS 1 x 4 1/4 and stamped the dots in Sunflower. I distressed the edges and then layered some twill ribbon on top of it. I then stamped my cute little Lion in Chocolate onto a piece Colonial White CS and colored him with my pencils. I then matted him onto some Ocean, Chocolate and Sunflower CS that I lightly distressed , pop-dotted him and added some buttons. And for the sentiment, I just stamped in Chocolate on Colonial White CS and then matted it onto Sunflower Textured CS. I added two brads and pop dotted it in the corner. Easy peasy!!! Well I hope you enjoy what's left of your Sunday...I know I will!!!

Stamps: Life's A Jungle & Spot on Backgrounds (CTMH) Paper: Colonial White CS, Chocolate CS, Sunflower CS, & Ocean CS (CTMH) Ink: Chocolate (CTMH) Accents: Buttons from my stash, Colonial White Waxy Flax (CTMH), Brads, Edge Distresser & Sanding Block (CTMH)



Have a Fabulous Day!!!


2 comments:

Carla said...

Another absolutely adorable card! Your Sundays sound like ours, although we didn't k=make it to church yesterday because my 17yods had to leave for a golf tournament right in the middle of church, so we all stayed home instead of leaving him by himself until it was time for him to go.

Anonymous said...

Jenn...I finally checked out your blog and LOVE IT! You are very creative and I love your work! Thanks for all the nice comments you leave for me! It really makes my day!

AmY Ballard