Sunday, April 20, 2008

No Lion, You're The BEST!!!!

Hey all, hope you are enjoying your Sunday!!! Sunday's are sooo relaxing for me. I got up, went to church, had some lunch, and then just got home and I am fixing to work on some cards!!! Then tonight I will watch Desperate Housewives and Brother's & Sisters!!! Anyone else watch Brother's & Sisters??? It's back on tonight...YEAH!!!! You're probably thinking...wow that's pretty boring, but it's how I relax. I don't look forward to Mondays at all. I get so depressed with having to go back to work...but what are you gonna do! Well enough about me...let's get on to this card!!!

I have again used the Life's A Jungle Stamp set for this card...I just can't get enough!!! I also tried a color combo I wouldn't normally do, but I really like how this card turned out. This one is going to my nephew who's 6. Kids really like to get things in the mail, and I am going to send him a gift card to one of his favorites places he likes to eat...he'll love it, at least I hope he will!!!

This card was pretty simple. It's a standard card using Colonial White CS as my base. I then cut a piece of Chocolate CS 4 1/4 x 3 and then used the Spot on Background stamp and stamped the circles in chocolate. This too is becoming one of my FAVORITE stamp sets!!! I then cut a piece of Ocean CS 4 1/4 x 2 and scored and sanded it. Next I cut a piece of Sunflower Textured CS 1 x 4 1/4 and stamped the dots in Sunflower. I distressed the edges and then layered some twill ribbon on top of it. I then stamped my cute little Lion in Chocolate onto a piece Colonial White CS and colored him with my pencils. I then matted him onto some Ocean, Chocolate and Sunflower CS that I lightly distressed , pop-dotted him and added some buttons. And for the sentiment, I just stamped in Chocolate on Colonial White CS and then matted it onto Sunflower Textured CS. I added two brads and pop dotted it in the corner. Easy peasy!!! Well I hope you enjoy what's left of your Sunday...I know I will!!!

Stamps: Life's A Jungle & Spot on Backgrounds (CTMH) Paper: Colonial White CS, Chocolate CS, Sunflower CS, & Ocean CS (CTMH) Ink: Chocolate (CTMH) Accents: Buttons from my stash, Colonial White Waxy Flax (CTMH), Brads, Edge Distresser & Sanding Block (CTMH)



Have a Fabulous Day!!!


2 comments:

Carla said...

Another absolutely adorable card! Your Sundays sound like ours, although we didn't k=make it to church yesterday because my 17yods had to leave for a golf tournament right in the middle of church, so we all stayed home instead of leaving him by himself until it was time for him to go.

Amy R Ballard said...

Jenn...I finally checked out your blog and LOVE IT! You are very creative and I love your work! Thanks for all the nice comments you leave for me! It really makes my day!

AmY Ballard